BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Are You Whole?


What does it mean to be whole? To be completely fulfilled? Some people might define fulfillment by financial gain, climbing the career ladder, being in a relationship or perhaps by their ability to gain another person's acceptance. As I sit here today, my definition of wholeness and fulfillment comes from being used by God to complete His purpose in my life, whatever that may be. As I have grown in my Christian walk, I have discovered that in my times of brokenness and sorrow - in my times of complete vulnerability - that is when I have experienced my most intimate moments with God. Those are the moments in which He has moved mountains and spoken to me with such clarity that His voice could not be mistaken. Have I ever doubted God? Of course I have....but I believe that's where faith comes in. In Hebrews it states that "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." No matter how painful my circumstances may be, I know I was made for a greater purpose - I was made for God's purpose and not my own. I believe when you have that selfless realization, you begin to live life differently and things suddenly start to change. You begin to truly experience life out of the box. Your obedience becomes a natural byproduct of a genuine heart's desire to serve. Your faith increases. God rewards the faithful and obedient..... and you experience TRUE wholeness and fulfillment.

0 comments: